Dhaka, Tuesday, 11 August 2020


Man electrocuted at Savar

Update: 2010-05-21 19:08:04

Savar: A garment worker was electrocuted when two others injured at a labor colony of Savar Friday morning.

The deceased was identified as Akram Hossain, 23, worker of Ashulia Opex Garments.

Sub inspector Abdus Sattar of Ashulia thana said Akram and two of his colleagues were napping at a tin-shed house in Jamgara at around 8:30am. The incident took place when a 1100 mw power cable ripped off and fell down on the house, he added

Later the injured victims were sent to Dhaka Medical College Hospital where the duty doctor declared Akram dead at noon, said Sattar.

Meanwhile, AZM Azad, manager of Dhaka Rural Power Board, said that the cable was ripped off due to heavy rainfall. The victim’s family would get compensation from the board authority, he assured.

SA/MRH/SMS 1514 hrs, 21 May 2010

All rights reserved. Sale, redistribution or reproduction of information/photos/illustrations/video/audio contents on this website in any form without prior permission from banglanews24.com are strictly prohibited and liable to legal action.