KERANIGANJ: Bashundhara Group Chairman Ahmed Akbar Sobhan, in his speech at the launching ceremony of the country’s first-ever private-sector Bitumen Plant, said the Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman is the main source of inspiration behind the country’s success stories.
He said: “If we have had Bangabandhu among us today, we would have got this position twenty years ago. The Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman is the main source of inspiration for all of us. Bangladesh was once called the bottomless basket, today the whole world is astonishingly looking at Bangladesh.”
Finance Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal inaugurated the Bashundhara Bitumen Plant at Pangaon in Keraniganj on Saturday (Feb 22).
State Minister for Power, Energy and Mineral Resources Nasrul Hamid, Bashundhara Group Chairman Ahmed Akbar Sobhan, Co-Chairman Sadat Sobhan Tanvir, Vice-Chairman Shafiat Sobhan Sanvir, Managing Director Sayem Sobhan Anvir and Walid Sobhan attended the launching ceremony of the bitumen plant.
Bashundhara Group Chairman also said: “So far, our Bashundhara Group has set up 30 industrial factories, two large housings. One of the features of the Bashundhara Group is that the Group does not just do it for themselves. Those who bought the land from Bashundhara Group are now multi-millionaires. Those who have sold it after buying from Bashundhara Group are also living in bliss.”
Highlighting the overall development of the country, he said: “Today country’s economy has changed a lot. The main source of all our success is the Father of our Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman. He dreamed of country’s independence and made it happen. But when he started building up the independent country, conspirators killed him brutally.”
BG chairman said: “I just want to say two things about his (Bangabandhu) worthy daughter Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina. At the very first meeting of Real Estate and Housing Association of Bangladesh (REHAB), prime minister said all the members of REHAB were rich people; cooperate for the country’s sports sector.”
Finance Minister AHM Mustafa Kamal, State Minister for Power Nasrul Hamid, BG Chairman Ahmed Akbar Sobhan, Co-Chairman Sadat Sobhan Tanvir, Vice-Chairman Shafiat Sobhan Sanvir, Managing Director Sayem Sobhan Anvir and Walid Sobhan
“Today, the position of Bangladesh Cricket, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has 99% contribution to it. She gave inspiration. She has personal relations with the cricket. She speaks to every cricketer over phone, inquires about them through SMS. Even if someone gains weight, Prime Minister asks him to lose weight,” said BG chairman.
Ahmed Akbar Sobhan said: “Now our youths have won the U-19 World Cup because of the encouragement of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina. Bangladesh is the world champion today. We can say that - not only under-19, one day we will be champions in the World Cup—Inshallah. That day may not be too far away.”
Ahmed Akbar Sobhan said: “Bangladesh is being branded by the cricket. The whole world knows Bangladesh, Sheikh Hasina and Bangabandhu. Bangladesh economy is being recognized.”
All businessmen, industrialists, entrepreneurs have been doing good business during the tenure of Sheikh Hasina-led present government as there was no hartal, destructive activities in the country. Now investors are considering Bangladesh as a suitable place for doing business due to the stable political situation, different kinds of facilities like safety, uninterruptible electricity and well transporting system provided by the state.
Bashundhara Group under its new concern Bashundhara Oil and Gas Company Ltd set up the ‘Bashundhara Bitumen Plant’.
The Bashundhara bitumen plant is able to produce 850,000 tonnes of bitumen and asphalt annually.
The plant has the capacity to produce bitumen grades such as Cutback, Emulsified, Oxidized and Polymer (SBS, Rubber Powder) and customized as per client’s required specifications.
Bangladesh’s monthly bitumen demand is around 42,000 tonnes while the demand is growing at an average rate of 10-15 per cent a year, sources said.
Around 90 per cent of the country’s bitumen demand of 500,000 tonnes is met through imports. The rest 10 per cent of bitumen is provided by state-run Eastern Refinery Limited (ERL).
Bashundhara Bitumen Plant has also the plan to export bitumen after meeting local demand.
Bitumen is a binding organic material made from the by-products of refined crude oil. It is widely used in construction, primarily as a constituent of products used in paving and roofing.
BDST: 2039 HRS, FEB 22, 2020