The head of the World Health Organization (WHO) has expressed concern at the number of coronavirus cases with no clear link to China or other confirmed cases.
Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus's comments follow Iran's announcement of two more deaths, bringing the total there to four.
The window of opportunity to contain the virus was "narrowing", he said.
Iranian health officials said the virus may already be in "all Iran's cities".
Outside China 1,152 cases of the virus have been confirmed in 26 countries and there have been eight deaths.
They include two deaths in South Korea, which has the biggest cluster of confirmed cases apart from China and a cruise ship quarantined in Japan.
An evacuation flight carrying 32 British and other European passengers has taken off from Japan and is due to land in England later on Saturday.
On Friday, doctors in Italy said a 78-year-old man became the first person in the country to die from the new coronavirus, Ansa news agency reported.
Earlier in the day Italy announced 16 more cases and its health minister said schools and offices would be closed and sports events cancelled in the affected regions.
China has reported 75,567 cases including 2,239 deaths. The new virus, which originated last year in Hubei province in China, causes a respiratory disease called Covid-19.
BDST: 1122 HRS, FEB 22, 2020