SYLHET: Hundreds of broadband internet users across Sylhet city were hit by an outage caused from a power line fire Wednesday (April 17).
Besides, cable TV network and power connection were also suspended in some areas.
Witnesses said, the fire erupted in a power pole at busiest Naiorpul Point of the city, around 2pm.
The fire, originated from short-circuit, ripped through the cables of telephone, satellite and internet connections.
Panic spread among the residents of adjacent Ramkrishna Mission area as plumes of smoke started to rise.
The blaze was brought under control by joint efforts of Fire Service members and locals, around 2:30pm.
However, no fatalities occurred in the fire, confirmed Fire Service Station Officer GC Talukder.
BDST: 1837 HRS, APR 17, 2019