Wednesday, 22 May, 2024

National

6 injured in gas-leak explosion in city’s Bhashantek

Senior Correspondent | banglanews24.com
Update: 2024-04-12 12:29:10
6 injured in gas-leak explosion in city’s Bhashantek

Six members of a family, including women and children, sustained burn injuries in a gas explosion in the Bhashantek area of the capital. 

The burn victims were rescued and admitted to the Sheikh Hasina National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery Institute at 4:45 am. 

The victims are identified as Md Liton, 48, Surja Banu, 30, Liza, 18, Sujan (8), Lamia (7) and Meherunnesa, 80.

Their neighbor tenant Moyna Begum said Liton lives on the ground floor of the house with his family. He has a furniture business in the area. Everyone slept in that house that night. In the early morning, the explosion occurred when he lit the lamp to light the mosquito coil. All six members of the family were burnt.

He said that they used to cook with cylinder gas in the house. Everyone is assuming that gas has accumulated in the house due to leakage. 

Resident surgeon of the hospital Tariqul Islam said 67 percent of Litton's body was burnt while 82 percent of his wife Surya Banu, 30 percent of Liza, 55 percent of Lamia, 43 percent of Sujan and 47 percent of Mehrunnesha were burnt. 

All of them are in critical condition, he added.

BDST: 1224 HRS, APR 12, 2024
SMS

All rights reserved. Sale, redistribution or reproduction of information/photos/illustrations/video/audio contents on this website in any form without prior permission from banglanews24.com are strictly prohibited and liable to legal action.