We girls are extra conscious of the beauty of our hands and nails and always want to know a tip or two to accentuate their loveliness. We are beauty conscious which makes us all the more adorable. We understand that apart from a pretty face, we must emphasize on our overall appeal and charm. Care of hands comes under the overall personality grooming. I have listed a few tips for healthy and pretty nails for you girls.
1. Very few girls know that our nails absorb moisture and get swelled when they are exposed to water and wetness. After they are dried up, they shrink which is the main reason of nail weakness and breakage. To keep your nails safe from excessive swelling, wear gloves while cleaning, washing and gardening. Do not use your nails for digging, plucking and picking.
2. Your nails break when they crack and they crack when they are week. Give your nails strength by massaging alphahydroxy oil or lanolin on them every day. If these chemicals are difficult to find, moisturize your nails & cuticles with vitamin E oil. This oil is easily available in cosmetic shop and you can keep it by your bed side to remind yourself of their cuticle application every night.
3. Folic acid is very good for the strength and prettiness of your nails. Eat food that is rich in folic acid such as citrus fruits, berries and whole grains. Needless to say that you have to drink plenty of water every day to moisturize your body including nails. Water is good for your hair, skin and nails. It gives you a youthful and fresh appeal by warding off the aging signs.
4. Do you know that filing and buffing your nails in different directions is not good for your nails? Always file and buff your nails in one direction otherwise you are speeding up their splitting process. Likewise, do not file the corners of your finger nails as it weakens them.
5. Use nail polish that contains little alcohol because excessive alcohol makes your nails dry and easily breakable. As for nail polish application, apply at least 3 thin coats of nail polish instead of one thick one. Do not paint your nails more than twice in a week because the paint layer prevents oxygen penetration into your nails which leads to nail yellowing. Instead you can apply chamois buffer or buffer cream to make your nails shiny. Store the nail polish in refrigerator for best use because storing at high temperature (as in summers) affects their consistency. Also, you can prevent the glued-shut condition of your nail polish by wiping its top with a cotton ball after each use.
BDST: 1601 HRS, Nov-02, 2013