DHAKA: At least eight passengers of a bus suffered burn injuries after the vehicle had caught fire from a gas pipeline leakage in city’s Dhanmondi area.
The incident occurred on Mirpur Road in Dhaka around 3:30 pm on Wednesday (February 20).
The fire issued from a leaked gas line in front of Rafa Plaza, Ashraful Islam, station officer of Mohammadpur fire service station, told Banglanews.
As it was learned from the locals, someone might have dropped a cigarette over the pipeline, which caused the fire. Immediately afterwards, a bus and a pick-up van were set ablze, Ashraful Islam also said.
BDST: 2121 HRS, FEB 20, 2019