BAGERHAT: Two persons were electrocuted in Fakirhat upazila of the district.
The incident happened at Betaga village of the upazila on Wednesday (May 22).
The victims were identified as Rahmat Ullah, 65, son of Abdul Karim Sheikh, of Betaga village and Subodh Das, 50, son of Dijbar Das.
Rahmat Ullah and Subodh Das were cutting a betel nut tree in front of the house. At that time, an electric wire fell over the top of the tree, Abu Jihad Sheikh, officer-in-charge of Fakirhat model police station, told Banglanews.
Two of them pulled trunk of the tree thereby coming in contact with electrocution. Rahmat Ullah and Subodh Das died on the spot, OC also said.
BDST: 1638 HRS, MAY 22, 2019