DHAKA: Bangladesh and China are set to sign eight instruments during Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina’s visit to China in the first week of the next month (July).
“Honourable Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will pay an official visit to China from July 2 to 6 at the invitation of her Chinese counterpart Li Keqiang,” Foreign Minister Dr AK Abdul Momen said on Friday (June 28).
Addressing a press conference at the Foreign Ministry this afternoon, Momen said Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina will hold a bilateral meeting with Chinese premier Li Keqiang in Beijing on July 4.
After the meeting, he said, eight instruments – five agreements and three memorandum of understanding (MoUs) — will be inked between Bangladesh and China.
1) Framework Agreement of “Expansion and Strengthening of Power System Network under DPDC Area”
2) Government Concessional Loan Agreement of “Expansion Strengthening of Power System Network under DPDC Area Project”
3) Preferential Buyer’s Credit Loan Agreement of “Expansion and Strengthening of Power System Network under DPDC Area Project”
4) Framework Agreement of “Power Grid Network Strengthening Project under PGCB” Project
5) Agreement on Economic and Technical Cooperation between the Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh and the Government of the People’s Republic of China
6) Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on the Establishment of Investment Cooperation Working Group
7) MoU and its Implementation Plan on hydrological information sharing of Yalu Zhangbo / Brahmaputra River
8) MoU on Cultural Exchange and Tourism Programme.
BDST: 2130 HRS, JUNE 28, 2019