At least 59 people have been killed in a suspected jihadist attack in north-eastern Nigeria.
Gunmen entered a remote village in the Gubio district of Borno state on Tuesday afternoon, killing dozens.
The village was also razed, in what is believed to have been a reprisal attack, according to local reports.
No group has yet claimed the attack. The AFP news agency said that 59 bodies had been recovered, while Reuters reported that 69 people were killed.
Reuters reported that the militants suspected villagers of sharing information about their movements to security forces, while AFP said jihadist fighters had been killed by locals trying to protect livestock.
BDST: 1025 HRS, JUN 10, 2020