FARIDPUR: A woman and her son were electrocuted in Barahamirdi village under Bhanga upazila of the district Monday.
The deceased were identified as Khadiza Begum, 65, wife of Yasin Sharif and her son Jhantu Sharif, 35, of the village.
Officer-in-Charge of Bhanga Thana Dadan Fakir told banglanews that Khadiza came in contact with electric wire while pulling out jute fiber in a canal nearby house and electrocuted.
Meanwhile, her son came in contact with electric wire eventually as he tried to save her mother and electrocuted.
BDST: 1745 HRS, AUG 20, 2012
Edited by: Kaiser Ahmed, Newsroom Editor/ M. Mahbub Alam, Asst Output Editor