SHERPUR: A youth died from electrocution as he climbed a tree to hoist Argentina flag in Baliachondi village under Sreebardi upazila on Sunday (June 17).
The deceased was identified as Motin Miah, 32, son of late Jahurul Haque, of the same village.
Motin Miah got an electric shock from an electric wire, hanging right above his head, while hoisting the flag from the branch of a jackfruit tree in his village market, Md Rejaul Haque, Officer-in-Charge of Sreebardi Police Statiomn, told Banglanews quoting locals.
He was declared dead at Sherpur District Hospital, OC added.
BDST: 1847 HRS, JUN 17, 2018