Cocktails blast at secretariat
Hartal supporters liable: Tuku
DHAKA: State Minister for Home Affairs Advocate Shamsul Haque Tuku Sunday said the hartal supporters are responsible for conducting cocktails blast at secretariat in the city.
The state minister came up with the forewarning while talking to journalists at his secretariat office in the city.
He said, “The law enforcers will conduct combing operation if the opposition does not stop secret attack in the name of peaceful hartal.”
Replying to a question, he said a probe committee can be formed and a case might also be filed in this connection.
Earlier in the afternoon, two cocktails exploded at secretariat in the city during hartal called by BNP-led 18-party alliance in protest against missing of BNP leader M Elias Ali.
Witnesses said two youth motorcyclists threw a cocktail in the secretariat targeting home ministry and another outside secretariat.
None was injured in the blast, witnesses added.
At least 16 cocktails were exploded in different points of the city during the hartal hours in the day.
Opposition called 2-day dawn-to-dusk hartal on April 29-30 in protest against missing of BNP leader M Elias Ali.
BDST: 2012 HRS, APR 29, 2012
Edited by: Abul Kalam Azad, Newsroom Editor / M. Mahbub Alam, Asst Output Editor