DHAKA: While we may drool longingly at the models in those shampoo ads, who strut their long hair effortlessly in the wind, most of us would immediately dismiss the thought of growing our hair like Rapunzel, if given a choice.
The reason being the time and effort that goes into growing them till that length. And not to forget the cost and energy spend maintaining them. If proper care isn`t taken while growing your hair long, they could become dry and brittle, leading to hairfall. We share a few tips that will help you style your hair, while you grow them.
- Even if you are feeling hot or cannot bear the burden of a heavy head on your shoulders, resist the urge to go to the parlour and get a full haircut. If you really feel the need, get a trim.
- Keep reinventing with your hair. Try out some new hairstyles with whatever length you have. Curl, twirl, twist and set, but don`t go in for anything permanent.
- Jazz up your hairdo with a lot of hair accessories. Use a lot of clips, buns, slides, clutches, pins that will allow you to style your hair.
- If your hair is thick and frizzy, ask your stylist to use thinning scissors to keep your hair more manageable.
- For a healthy long mane, you need to keep your hair well-conditioned and moisturised. Make sure you rinse out the shampoo from your hair and use a conditioner suitable to your hair type.
- To make your hair grow long faster, you need to maintain a proper diet too. Ensure that you take multivitamins and eat lots of healthy fruits and vegetables. Getting your beauty sleep is also essential.
After washing your hair, never brush them. Use a wide-toothed comb, to avoid frizz and split ends.
BDST: 1023 HRS, JULY 17, 2012
Edited By: Quamrun Nahar Shumi, Newsroom Editor
All rights reserved. Sale, redistribution or reproduction of information/photos/illustrations/video/audio contents on this website in any form without prior permission from banglanews24.com are strictly prohibited and liable to legal action.