DHAKA: Three members of a family sustained burn injuries in a fire incident at a flat of Azimpur government staff quarters in the capital on Saturday.
The victims are identified as a Government employee Salamat Hossain, his wife Lavli Akhter and their daughter Lima Akhter.
One of the victims, Salamat said that the fire originated from the kitchen of their house around 7:30am and spread quickly, leaving them injured critically.
However locals rushed to the spot and doused the fire.
Later, they were sent to Dhaka Medical College Hospital Burn Unit.
Confirming the matter to banglanews, on-duty doctor of DMCH Partha Shankar Paal said that around 30 percent of Salamat’s body and 48 percent of his wife’s body were burnt due to the fire.
BDST: 1333 HRS, MAR 08, 2014
All rights reserved. Sale, redistribution or reproduction of information/photos/illustrations/video/audio contents on this website in any form without prior permission from banglanews24.com are strictly prohibited and liable to legal action.