It is a commonly known fact that all vegetables are healthy and each has some or the other nutritional value. So to choose the healthiest vegetables from the lot is not an easy task. However based on the nutritional value, 7 vegetables are named healthiest in this article. These veggies can also be called superfoods because they give you an all round nutrition.
If you are planning to work on a healthy diet that includes lots of vegetables, then you must include these 7 healthiest vegetables in it. This diet will not only make you healthy but will also improve the quality of your life.
7 Healthiest Vegetables One Should Have:
1. Broccoli: When one is talking about superfoods, you simply cannot miss out Broccoli. With the anti-oxidants and cancer fighting properties, it surely ranks among the first few healthy vegetables in your plate. The folate and vitamin C present in it are an added bonus.
2. Bell Pepper: Capsicum is another star member of the healthy vegetables list. Especially red and yellow bell peppers are well known for being rich in cancer fighting anti-oxidants. The green bell peppers have chlorophyll that helps in re-energising your cells and propagates cellular growth.
3. Brussels Sprouts: You cannot have a list of superfoods without a green leafy vegetable in it. Brussels are rich in vitamin B 12 and folate. It gives you good reproductive health and keeps tubal blockage and other female reproductive iseases at bay.
4. Eggplant: A surprise entry into the list of healthiest vegetables is brinjal or eggplant. It has some unique properties to justify its place in the list. Eggplant gets its purple colour from a pigment named nasunin. This element is an anti-oxidant that stops the decay of brain cells. While the risk of Alzheimer`s disease and other mental disorders like dementia increases, this vegetable is a must-have.
5. Carrots: Carrots are rich in carotenes and vitamin A. They are irreplaceable for good eye sight, night vision and flawless skin.
6. Tomatoes: Although, tomato is technically a fruit, we eat them as vegetables in salads and cooked foods. The red coloured pigment has lycopene and a burst of anti-oxidants that helps fight the emperor of maladies, cancer. Apart from that, tomatoes are rich in vitamin K which is a rarely occurring nutrient.
7. Spinach: The Poppey`s favourite green leafy vegetable had to be the superfood we end with. Spinach contains a whopping number of 13 flavonoid compounds that fights cancer. Apart from that, calcium content makes it a must-have food for women to avoid osteoporosis.
These are the 7 healthiest vegetables that one must have in their diet. How many of these do you have regularly?
BDST: 1442 HRS, AUG 01, 2012
Edited by: Sharmina Islam, Lifestyle Editor
All rights reserved. Sale, redistribution or reproduction of information/photos/illustrations/video/audio contents on this website in any form without prior permission from banglanews24.com are strictly prohibited and liable to legal action.