KURIGRAM: At least 75 people fell sick after taking food at a local restaurant in the district on Monday night.
Among them 23 were admitted to Nageswari Upazila Health Complex, and the left were being treated at home.
All the injured are the students, teachers, staffers and governing body members of Nageswari Women College.
Assistant professor of Nageswari Women Degree College Monwar Hossain Siddiqui told banglanews, “We took the foods of a local Bonoful hotel and fell sick.”
Confirming the matter to banglanews, Nageswari Upazila Health Complex Dr GRM Moksedur Rahman said, “It happened because of food poisoning.”
However, the restaurant owner Shafiqul Islam said many other people took food from the restaurant on the same day, but they did not get sick.
BDST: 1322 HRS, May 29, 2012
Edited by: Abdul Momin Khan, Newsroom Editor / Maria Salam, Asst Output Editor
All rights reserved. Sale, redistribution or reproduction of information/photos/illustrations/video/audio contents on this website in any form without prior permission from banglanews24.com are strictly prohibited and liable to legal action.