Low fat cooking recipes are catching the imagination of many. It helps them to keep their body fit and protects them from various diseases such as heart problems, cholesterol etc the article teaches you some of the basics of low fat cooking.
Celebrities,dietitians and health care magazines are helping the growth of awareness. By definition, cooking low fat, straight away means using less or no fat to cook. Strictly, this does not mean you can not use oils at all. So, the key to low fat foods and low fat diet lies in choosing fat free cooking ingredients.
Methods of Cooking
Very simply put, you can follow these tips for cooking low fat.
* When you must use oil as a non stick medium, you have two options. First: make use of a non stick cookware and second: use non stick cooking spray in place of butter or oil.
* Trim as much fat as possible from meat
* Use lean, thin meat sticks instead of stouter ones
* Go for a non traditional cooking procedure like using grilling, microwaving or steaming to avoid fat instead of frying
* use more fat free milk in mashed potatoes or chicken breasts
* Use soy sauces, flavored olive oil or herbs, spices and even fruits to marinate your food. This constitutes a part of low fat carb cooking
* Make ice creams and cheese cakes from fat free or low fat creams
* Avoid fatty red meat as far as possible.
Try these methods for healthier cooking.
BDST: 0928 HRS, JUNE 10, 2012
Edited by: Sharmina Islam, Lifestyle Editor
All rights reserved. Sale, redistribution or reproduction of information/photos/illustrations/video/audio contents on this website in any form without prior permission from banglanews24.com are strictly prohibited and liable to legal action.