NOAKHALI: At least 25 houses were gutted in Amirabadh village under Shonaimuri upazila of the district on Thursday evening.
Chowmuhani Fire Service Station officer Shahdat Hossain told banglanews, “The fire originated from an electric short circuit in a house and soon engulfed the nearby houses in the evening.”
He said, “Chowmuhani Fire Service officer and locals brought the blaze under control after a frantic effort of two hours.”
Meanwhile, at least 10 people were injured while trying to douse the blaze.
Sources said the injured were given primary treatment.
Later, the victims claimed a loss of TK 30 lakh in the fire while fire service officers estimated a loss worth TK 20 lakh.
On the other hand, union parishad chairman Nurul Amin Shakil distributed cash money, blankets and food amongst the victims.
BDST: 0140 HRS, JAN 25, 2013
Edited by: Tilka Binte Mehtab, Newsroom Editor firstname.lastname@example.org
All rights reserved. Sale, redistribution or reproduction of information/photos/illustrations/video/audio contents on this website in any form without prior permission from banglanews24.com are strictly prohibited and liable to legal action.