CHITTAGONG: Two construction workers were killed after inhaling toxic gas while they were working inside a water tank in the city`s North Kattali area on Friday.
The deceased were identified as Abul Kalam, 55, and Abdur Rahman, 50.
Pahartali Thana SI Hafiz told banglanews that the two workers were suffocated when they climbed down an under construction water tank of a building at North Kattali in Colonel Hat area under Pahartali thana.
On information, police and fire fighters rushed to the spot and started rescue operation, said CMP Doublemooring Zone assistant commissioner Arefin Jewel.
BDST: 1623 HRS, AUG 03, 2012
Edited by: Mohammed Humayun Kabir, Sr Newsroom Editor
All rights reserved. Sale, redistribution or reproduction of information/photos/illustrations/video/audio contents on this website in any form without prior permission from banglanews24.com are strictly prohibited and liable to legal action.